COVID-19 CAMPUS PROCEDURES
- We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Alabama Department of Public Health regarding COVID-19. As new information becomes available, we will adjust our protocol and response accordingly. You may find those guidelines by visiting www.cdc.gov.
- Our campus remains closed to the general public until further notice. All members and guests must contact a staff liaison who will have that visitor pre-approved to be on-site. Any members and guests not pre-approved will not be permitted into the buildings. If you are not sure who to contact, start with Drew Norman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lillian Gilley (email@example.com).
- Every person who comes onto campus—staff, subcontractor, guest, interns, all outside contractors, maintenance, pest control personnel, etc.—will enter the building through the breezeway door to the Fellowship Hall and sign in at the receptionist’s desk. Upon entry and sign in, all temperatures will be taken and recorded. Any person with a temperature above 99.4 will leave the campus immediately.
- All personnel on campus will wear a mask at all times. The only exception is when one is working in a personal space by oneself or being filmed for worship-related content.
- Our offices remain closed with the exception of a few personnel throughout the week. These team members work on a set schedule and rotate to ensure safety and minimal contact on-site.
- Online worship remains our primary point of connection on Sunday mornings at 11:00 am via WSFA, Facebook, fumcmontgomery.org, and YouTube.
- Throughout each week, we have program area videos on the FUMC Montgomery Facebook page and emails to keep everyone apprised and connected. Additionally, follow along with the various ministry area pages on Facebook to keep up with their happenings: Respite (@RespiteMinistry), 50 PLUS (@FUMC50PLUS), and Youth (@FUMCConnectStudentMinistry). The FUMC Montgomery Facebook video schedule is as follows:
- Monday | Digital Minutes (Children) | 5:00 pm
- Tuesday | Live with Luv (Youth) | 3:00 pm
- Wednesday | Wednesday Night Conversations (Clergy Study) | 5:30 pm
- Thursday | Music Moments | Posting times vary and may not be weekly
- Friday | Joy with Jay | 11:00 am
- Approved methods for pastoral care visits are phone calls, emails, text messages, and other means of technology. In the near future, we will be releasing ways to visit with one another outside, in driveways, and other distanced forms of in-person visits. Pastoral visits in-person remain prohibited for the safety of our members and clergy staff. Our pastoral team will not visit nursing homes, hospitals, rehab centers, or homes of members until a treatment or vaccine has been discovered.
Follow Us on Facebook
Keep up with the latest COVID-19 updates through this web page, but also on our Facebook page. Click the link below to follow along, as we strive to keep our communities as safe as possible.