As part of the First United Methodist Church 2019 Fall Bazaar, the United Methodist Women (UMW) is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from current and former church families and friends. These cookbooks will be professionally published by Morris Press Cookbooks, the Nation’s Number One Cookbook Publisher, and are sure to be a treasured keepsake. Proceeds from the sale of the cookbook will combine with other Bazaar funds and be used to support the UMW’s local Missions.
Cost: $25 | Pre-Order & Recipe/Blessing Submission Deadline: August 21
- Go to www.typensave.com and click ‘Login.’
- Enter the Username: FUMCMTGY
- Enter the password: carrot114 and click ‘Submit.’
- Enter your name and click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
Recipe Writing Tips:
- Enter recipes from a laptop or desktop for best results.
- If Gluten-free, Keto, Paleo, Diabetic, etc., please note in title
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.”
- DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are permitted and encouraged.
There will be a special section in the cookbook entitled “Blessings.” We invite you to share your favorite family, special event, Christian or other blessings. If the blessing is to a musical tune, please be sure to include that and any other relevant and/or historical information.
Pre-order your copy of the FUMC Cookbook through August 21st for $25!
We plan to collect 800+ recipes from FUMC families and friends. Pre-orders will be available for pickup at the 2019 Fall Bazaar as well as at the church after the Bazaar. The number of pre-orders will help us determine the number of cookbooks to order, and all pre-orders will be filled first. Don’t miss the chance to order this treasured keepsake and support the UMW’s commitment to local missions. Be sure to order extra copies. They make great gifts!
First United Methodist Church has a variety of adult ministries, and we invite you to be a part of the exciting things going on here! Our activities are designed to meet the needs and enrich the lives of the members of our church.